Guest Terms & Conditions
Please ensure you read and fully understand these booking terms and conditions. If anything is unclear, please contact us so we can explain in further detail to avoid any misunderstandings.
Reservations for accommodation by guests and any person accompanying them (the Guest) are accepted by Ritty Retreats (RR).
- A Contract between the lead Guest and RR, will come into existence when the deposit is received and a booking confirmation is issued showing the confirmed holiday dates.
- The Contract binds the lead Guest and all the members of the party who are part of the booking. It is your responsibility to ensure that all members of your party accept the terms of the contract set out in these terms & conditions. Failure to disclose all relevant information or comply with these terms may lead to termination of the contract and loss of the booking.
- Bookings cannot be accepted from persons under eighteen years of age.
- A 25% deposit of the total holiday cost is payable at the time of booking.
- The remainder balance must be paid no later than 6 weeks before the commencement of your holiday. If the balance is not received by the due date, then your holiday may be cancelled by RR and the deposit retained.
- Bookings made less than 6 weeks before your arrival date must be paid in full on booking.
Cancellation or changes by the guest:
- Once the Guest books the holiday they have entered into a Contract with Ritty Retreats.
- If the Guest cancels for any reason (including medical or weather) no refund of the deposit is due.
- Cancellations within 7 working days of the holiday are not refundable under any circumstances as the dates can not be remarketed.
- If cancelled more than 6 weeks before the check-in date, RR will retain the deposit paid on booking. If cancelled less than 6 weeks before the check-in date, RR will retain all payments made and the Guest will be liable for any outstanding balance payment.
- In the event that the dates are resold, for the cancelled period, RR may, at their complete discretion, refund the amount paid subject to an admin fee (£50) and any other costs incurred. If the dates are resold for a lesser amount, the lesser amount will be refunded.
We strongly advise that the Guest takes out a comprehensive holiday insurance policy to cover cancellations (due to sickness and unavoidable reasons for cancellations) prior to their stay. No liability will be accepted by RR for losses sustained by the Guest for not having obtained holiday insurance.
If your booking is cancelled due to circumstances beyond our control, notification will be given of the cancellation as soon as possible and we will promptly refund all payments made to us for your holiday. Our liability for cancellation will be limited to payments made to us.
The Guest is responsible for leaving the property in good order and in a clean condition, otherwise an extra cleaning charge will be applied at £15 per hour.
Guests are expected to leave the property in a similar state to which they found it.
Arrival and departure:
- The properties are available for occupation from 4pm on the arrival date and Guests are required to leave the accommodation by 10am (10.30am for Kingfisher Cabin) on the day of departure. Failure to do so may result in an extra charge.
RR has a strict no smoking policy within all accommodation. Cigarette butts must be disposed of in the rubbish, not on the land.
- We allow 1 well behaved dog in The Ritty, no other kinds of pets.
- Dogs must be booked in and the cost is £25 per dog per week or £5 per night for shorter stays.
- Dogs should not be left unattended in the property without prior consent from Ritty Retreats.
- If damage or extra cleaning is caused by the dog, we will charge a £50 fee. You are responsible for your dog and you will be charged for any damage caused by your dog.
- The supervision of children, babies, dogs and adults requiring care is the responsibility of the Guest at all times.
- Guests should put all furniture back to where it was at the beginning of the rental period.
- If Guests leave any items at the property, RR has the right to charge for the removal or return of the items.
Damage, breakage, loss or theft:
- Guests agree to inform RR of any damage or loss during your stay.
- Guests should not remove any item from the property.
- Ritty Retreats may ask for reasonable replacement costs where necessary.
Number of people using the accommodation:
- The maximum number of persons occupying the property must not exceed those listed on the booking form. If you wish to invite additional visitors to visit you during your stay, please contact RR prior to your stay.
- No extra overnight visitors are allowed to stay at the property.
- Parties or events are not permitted.
- If the number of guests exceeds the number on the booking form, without prior consent, extra charges may be applicable and we reserve the right to terminate the booking without notice and without refund.
- No external suppliers or third parties, such as caterers or styling companies, are allowed, unless they are our pre-approved suppliers.
- RR accepts no liability whatsoever for any personal injury, material loss, damage, additional expense or inconvenience directly or indirectly caused by or arising out of the property, its plumbing, gas, electrical services or exceptional weather.
- No responsibility is accepted for loss or damage of Guest property (including dogs), vehicles or vehicle contents.
- RR will not be responsible for any events outside their reasonable control. Including the breakdown of domestic appliances, plumbing, wiring, temporary invasion of pests or damage resulting from exceptional weather.
- RR has no responsibility for any changes, delays, cancellations or any other loss or damage caused by war, civil strife, terrorist action, industrial disputes, sickness, epidemics, acts of government or public authority, or any other event outside our control or any lack of access to the property due to the foregoing. If the Guest is unable to gain access or use the property for any of these reasons, RR accepts no liability for loss of holiday, any refund will be at the discretion of RR management.
Access to property:
- RR reserves the rights to access the property at any time for maintenance and rectification of any defect.
Access to Ritty Farm:
- Access to all the properties is via a farm track which is unsuitable for low-slung sports cars.
- Each Cabin has parking for one car, The Ritty Farmhouse has parking for two cars. In the event the Guest wishes to bring additional vehicles you must notify RR in advance.
Behaviour, noise and house rules:
- It is important that all our Guests enjoy a peaceful and relaxing stay with us. RR is in a quiet, remote location and guests chose to stay here because they are seeking to retreat, relax and unwind. To preserve this peace and tranquillity please keep any music, indoor and outdoor, to a respectful level.
- At Ritty Farm RR provides hammocks, swing chairs, reclining sun loungers and a boat and raft for your enjoyment. Use them entirely at your own risk and in an appropriate and safe manner. We accept no liability for injury as a result of using this equipment inappropriately or whilst under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- RR has sole discretion to repossess the property immediately and terminate the Contract if any Guests cause nuisance to other people or neighbours or cause any damage or defects to the property or its contents. The Guest will remain liable for the whole cost of the rental and no refund or compensation will be due for loss of holiday.
- Non-compliance with the house rules will be considered as a breach of the Guest Terms and Conditions of the rental agreement. RR reserves the right to terminate the booking with immediate effect and without a refund if they do not abide by the rules.
The use of drones for commercial or private use is strictly prohibited
All things Fire:
- Fire pits and BBQ’s are clearly provided at each property and around Ritty Farm. Please keep fires and cooking to the designated areas and do not light fires anywhere else on the land.
- Use of all fires is undertaken at the Guests risk.
- Fireworks and Chinese lanterns are strictly prohibited.
- Candle use is restricted to the ones provided in the properties. The use of personal tea lights and candles is not permitted. Cabin candle use outside is restricted to the designated candles in the large glass jars.
- Keeping all wildlife from entering properties can be hard and sometimes impossible depending on the time of year.The properties are part of their environment and can not be sealed off from the surrounding countryside. We celebrate and embrace this as they are beautiful places to stay and RR supports and actively encourages the presence of wildlife as an important part of the countryside.
- Please therefore expect to meet some wildlife, including spiders, birds, bats, flys, bees, wasps or the occasional mouse, which may make their way into the property unbeknownst to RR.
- In most cases it’s best to simply open a window or door and let them out.
- If they become a pest then please let RR know and they will try to help.
- Any problem or complaint must be reported directly to RR at the earliest opportunity and no later than 24 hours after its occurrence. RR will endeavour to resolve it as soon as possible. If Guests choose to leave the property because of alleged defects before RR has been given reasonable time and opportunity to rectify any defect, no refund or compensation will be paid to the Guest.
Property description and details:
- RR takes care to accurately depict the accommodation and their surrounding environment, using photographs and written descriptions, all provided in good faith. We re-photograph and re-describe significant changes as soon as possible. Property details, contents, fixtures and fittings, as well as seasonal garden appearance and views, may vary over time. Any reasonable difference is not a breach of this contract.
Cancellation by the Owners:
- RR reserves the right to refuse any bookings or cancel any bookings already made if the accommodation is unavailable (through fire, flood etc) for any reason, subject to a full refund of all monies (and no further liability). RR will not be under any liability if such a cancellation occurs and in the unlikely event, will make every possible effort to secure alternative accommodation if required.
Commercial use of the property
- RR accommodation is rented to the Guest for purely non-commercial leisure purposes only. Filming, photography or other commercial uses including influencers/blogger content creation must be done with prior authorisation form RR management. Additional charges may apply for commercial use.
- The failure of RR to enforce or exercise, at any time or for any period of time, any term of, or any right pursuant to this contract, does not constitute and shall not be construed as a waiver of such term or right.
First issued: 8th July 2023. Last updated: 10th July 2023